Please e-mail us at:
to Fort Sewall
Click here for a Map
FROM BOSTON and POINTS SOUTH:
1. From the Tobin Bridge: head NORTH, take exit Rt. 16 EAST (Revere Beach and Lynn).
2. Go through 2 sets of lights and then under a RR pass. At the THIRD set of lights (large multi-access intersection, called Bell Circle), stay right and pick up Rt. 1A NORTH.
3. Stay on 1A through Revere (you¹ll pass Bldg. 19 and Walmart on the right, lots of car dealerships on right and left) until, as the road curves to the right, you see a sign for NAHANT-SWAMPSCOTT. Follow it, towards the ocean.
4. At the large ROTARY at the shore, go around and curve left until you¹re parallel to the shore. This will become Rt. 129 passing through Lynn and into Swampscott.
5. Continue on Rt. 129 straight on through Swampscott (mostly residential), and into Marblehead (you¹ll eventually see a sign on the right saying "Welcome to Marblehead").
6. In Marblehead, Rt. 129 becomes ATLANTIC AVENUE. Take this straight into the business district of town. Pass stores right and left. At the Hunneman-Coldwell Real Estate office on the RIGHT, take the RIGHT onto WASHINGTON STREET.
7. Follow WASHINGTON STREET up and over the hill (passing old brick Abbot Hall on the right, then the Lee Mansion on the left). It will curve around to the left. Continue on down WASHINGTON STREET through a residential area, to FRANKLIN STREET. Turn RIGHT on FRANKLIN STREET and stay on it until you come to FRONT STREET, and you are facing the harbor (Franklin Street ends at Front Street.)
8. Go LEFT on FRONT STREET and you¹ll be headed straight up to the Fort. Park along the street, or in the tiny lot on the left, just before the drive up and to the right, to the Fort. (You cannot take your car up to the Fort itself, so park where you can.)
FROM POINTS NORTH and WEST:
1. From Mass Pike East to 128 North, get on Rt. 114 East and follow it through Salem and into Marblehead (you¹ll pass over a small bridge, and are then in Marblehead). At the first traffic light in Marblehead, take a right onto MAPLE STREET. Pass the Glover School on your left.
2. At the light, take a LEFT onto HUMPHREY STREET and proceed through a residential area, passing the Community Center on your right and Marblehead Savings Bank on the left across the street, where there is a light. Pass through that light and the next two. The street will become PLEASANT STREET (you¹ll pass by a YMCA on the right and a Starbucks on the left). Follow it all the way through town until it ends at WASHINGTON STREET (you¹ll be facing Haley¹s Liquors and Foodies.) Turn LEFT onto WASHINGTON STREET.
3. Follow WASHINGTON STREET through a residential area to FRANKLIN STREET. Turn RIGHT and follow it until it ends at FRONT STREET.
4. Turn left onFRONT STREET and proceed along the water up towards the Fort. Park along the street or in the tiny lot on the left, just before the road curves right and up. (You cannot take you car up to the Fort itself, so park where you can.)
Call if you get lost: Tel (781) 631-2482 or Tel (781) 738-3006
Glover's Marblehead Regiment • P O Box 155 • Marblehead, Massachusetts 01945